Monday, June 05, 2006

I really am going to be blogging!!!

OK, OK! Eight months ago I started this blog and now I actually have the time to start using it!
Let me start by catching you up on the year so far!
The year started out great with our first christmas as a family and we spent new year's day on the beach! In a few short months Dodo and I would take a fantastic trip to Japan for the cherry blossom festival (Jeff's christmas present to me) and Jeff and Jimmy took a trip to visit Grandma Sue.
I started on Nutrisystem, and have currently lost 20 pounds and I also lost 13" of hair with a donation to locks of love...
After our first set of trips, Jimmy started walking! And sleeping through the night ..... again!
Then we messed up his schedule and took him on another trip to the Mainland, with a few days in Portland and a week in Colstrip for Uncle Ian's HS graduation! We had hoped to visit with Grandma Ruth and Grandpa Barry while in Portland, but they were away, attending the birth of Jimmy's first cousin, Alaina (welcome to the world little girl!), but we did have a great trip. We went to Tillamook, which was like watching "Unwrapped" live, and also got to hang out with Autie Camas and Uncle Mak! Jimmy didn't quite know what to think of them, since they had never met...

We are now back home again, relaxing and getting back into the routine of our lives...
Jimmy does new things everyday, a few days ago he figured out laughing is fun, and yesterday he started clapping...
We are also getting gears turning for our next big move...
We will be transfering to Bremerton in September, but Jimmy and I will be staying at Grandma Terrie and Grandpa Jim's house while all of our household goods are in transit, so will be leaving in 10 weeks!
I am glad to be moving back to the land of Target, fresh produce (instead of freshly-delivered), and measuring distance in hours inteads of miles...
I feel sorry for Jimmy, though... He is so irresitably cute with his bright blue eyes, blond hair and pink cheeks, he stands out among the Hawaiian and asian babies that are here. Moving back to the mainland will be like Superman moving back to Krypton, he will use his super-cute powers... maybe not entirely, he still is a vicious flirt! The girl that he pooped on in the plane didn't get mad, not that there was anything to be done but clean it up, but he flirted with her the rest of the flight!

I hope to have a few moments each day to write something, but you never know, I may not get back for another eight months...

No comments: