Friday, January 11, 2008

Best diet ever!

OK...
Just so you don't think I was cheating on my challenge with Tracy...
I thought I would share the secret to my success!
On top of the well balanced meals, drinking lots of water and going to the gym 6 days a week, I've been on the root canal diet!
Here's how it works:
First, have a couple of kids and don't get your sorry butt into the dentist for a cleaning while you are pregnant (apparently body with fluctuating hormones is a great environment for tooth decay).
Get at least one good cavity that is too deep for a regular filling.
Find a great dentist like mine (Dr. Ireland ROCKS!)
Eat breakfast the day you are having your root canal: be sure your appointment is around lunchtime...it is going to take all afternoon, so just skip lunch.
After you leave the appointment, you won't eat dinner, either because your jaw will be too sore, or the painkillers will have put you to sleep.
For the next few days, you won't be eating as much because you have to be careful to eat on the opposite side from the sore temporary crown...
There you go! The Root Canal Diet! GOOD LUCK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah-HA!

That reminds me of the "break your dominant arm diet" that I tried many years ago.
It's hard to get more food into your mouth than in your lap!
Works good!

You are still doing great, despite the toothy thingie.
Keep it up!

tip (the scale)