Sunday, January 10, 2010

52 Weeks of Awesome - Week 2

This was only the second week of the year and boy, it seemed like the longest week ever!!!

This week had some awesome parts... some parts not so awesome.

Monday, Daddy took me out ocean kayaking for the very first time. I am not so comfortable in the open water with any size surf so I had to really talk myself into this one...


These pictures are not the best quality because they were taken with my cell phone...

Here I am on flat rock, behind me is the beach where were launched from, and about 50m from that beach is where we capsized the first time and the camera went to the bottom of Kailua Bay...
We did make it back to shore without flipping again, but later when Daddy went out by himself he ended up having to be towed in by the lifeguard, the wind and water was too rough for novices...
Luckily someone (with excellent taste!) had given me a gift card to Sears and I was able to replace the camera the very next day. Also luckily, there weren't very many pictures that I hadn't already downloaded...

Daddy also on Friday got rear-ended on his way to work... Daddy is fine but our red car (seen above) is a total loss... At this point in time we are still awaiting word from the insurance company to choose our next course of action..

Might as well go to Menchie's while we wait...

The boys like to go there and draw on the big chalkboard after eating their frozen yogurt.

Joey often has to wait for inspiration to hit...

It is easy to step aside and let Jimmy draw...

If you know that as soon as he walks away you are going to erase it...

and draw your own picture... the stinker!

One of the best things to happen this week is the arrival of Grandma Sue!



I am still doing well at Curves, but the bananas are starting to get bossy!

I'm trying!
This week will have its own adventure as we dive back into the car market. See you on week 3!

1 comment:

Debra Dixon said...

Hi!

I didn't see an email address anywhere but I wanted to contact you about the pillowcases. Can you send me your email address?

debraspincic@yahoo.com

Thanks!