Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mirror Mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all!

Or at least I have, under duress, had to pick up one of my mother's habits!
It isn't anything fun For Jimmy to remember, like telling him,"It's your life." or anything like that! No, no, it's much more mundane than that, but still straight from mom's bag of tricks!
I now have to check the cat when she comes in. To make sure she comes in ALONE!

Yes, she brought in a very live and fast mouse last night. Much hooting(from daddy) squealing(from Jimmy) and towel shooing (from myself) ensued. Furniture was moved, the mouse explored our whole living room and behind the washer an dryer. The cat kinda helped catch the loose rodent, but as soon as she got it she released it in the middle of the room in order to keep chasing it.
We lost track of the mouse for about an hour...
Fearing the worst, I left the house to run a quick errand, and returned to a mouseless home.
Jeff caught the mouse and tossed it outside (probably hooting the whole time).
The cat was rather ticked that we took her toy and pouted all night. I do not feel sorry for her.

No comments: