Friday, March 06, 2009

Unpacking

So our stuff arrived....

Since I was still figuring out where I wanted things to go, I had the majority of it stacked in the garage...
At first I couldn't even get the car into the two car garage... but the cat found a nice perch to survey her queendom.


Jimmy found her anyway.


We unpacked late into the night... Jimmy was very excited at all the surprises in all the boxes.


We made a pretty big dent and was able to get the car put away.



The biggest problem is the boxes full of packing paper (most of the ones back by the garage door)... I have to haul them soon.


Jimmy wants to show you how to get from one side of the paper pile to the other...
this pile was all from that box, by the way...


Dive in head first! Then dig like a mole!


Try to lure brother into the pile when you come out the other side.


I also use Jimmy as a paper compacter.


Between unpacking boxes and cleaning up what ever mess the boys made while I was unpacking, I am working on the murals for the boys' rooms.

This is the start of one of the two murals in Joey's room.


This is one of two portholes in the bathroom.


Here's the other. I started with the smallest ones. These are both approx. 13" across.


Jeff asked for some pictures and here is just a taste for him. I haven't gotten my chotchkies out and art all put up, but the master bedroom is looking pretty good. and, man is that bed comfy after sleeping on an air mattress for a few weeks!!!


One of the few pieces of art I have hung...


The color scheme is what I used for most of the house. The buckskin color on most walls with the brown accent walls.
Jimmy's room is green and yellow, Joey's room as you saw up above is two toned blue.

So that's all for now, there's more boxes to unpack...

2 comments:

Lady M said...

I need those portholes!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the bedroom. It looks like you've been watching HGTV. heh. I have been busy tearing off the kitchen wallpaper. Only to find an uglier wallpaper underneath that the previous owners put up and tried to paint over, which makes it harder to rip off. I need to get more DIF. (wallpaper release spray)
Can't wait to see the rest of your house all decked out.